WANTED ASSOCIATE VETERINARIAN
World of Animals Inc. has an opportunity for an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our growing company, which includes 4 locations in Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs. Due to our multiple locations, we have openings for both a full-time veterinarian as well as a part-time position; alternatively a relief position with the option to turn into a permanent associate with the company.
The ideal candidate will have at least three (3) years of small animal experience providing clinical, surgical and Dental Services. They will be someone who shares our goal to provide the finest of veterinary care to our patients as well as exemplary customer service to our clients. The doctor chosen must possess excellent communication skills, and have a naturally upbeat personality conducive to easily integrating into an existing team of equally devoted doctors and support staff. This is not a position for a new graduate.
Skills and Qualifications
- A doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or VMD) degree from an accredited university.
- License in good standing to practice in the state of Pennsylvania
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
- Respect for, and willingness to work with, clients and their pets.
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members and clients.
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EXPERIENCED VETERINARY TECHNICIAN
Experienced Veterinary Technician wanted for a busy Huntingdon Valley. PA Animal Hospital. Must have excellent technical skills as well as good communication and inter-personal skills. We are looking for a team player open to new ideas, willing to learn and able to do what it takes to get the job done.
Saturday and/or Sunday shifts mandatory
Must have 2-3 years TECH experience
- Able to draw blood from jugular, cephalic, and saphenous veins
- Able to place an IV catheter in cephalic and saphenous veins
- Capable of taking high quality lateral and VD radiographs of abdomen, chest, pelvis, and extremities
- Accurate record keeping of medical records, lab, and radiograph logs
- Able to set up and read fecal, urine sediment, and ear cytology slides.
- Knowledge of preventative care including: canine & feline vaccinations, neutering benefits, and dental care; able to intelligently discuss these topics with pet owners.
Knowledge of Impromed Infinity software a plus
CVT preferred, but NOT required
experience monitoring anesthesia a plus
*experienced candidates ONLY need apply.
Send resume with references to: email@example.com
WANTED – RECEPTIONIST (we are currently not hiring for this position)
We are looking for a part-time receptionist, some weekend shifts mandatory.
Receptionists are the customer relations experts in a veterinary practice. They are the client’s first impression, on the phone or in person. Receptionists must possess strong organizational skills, excellent telephone and in-person communication skills, and the ability to remain calm under pressure. Receptionists must have compassion for animals and their owners and understand the stress that patients and clients endure. They must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills and must be able to work closely and effectively with other hospital team members.
- Answers all in-coming phone lines by the 3rd ring
- Greet clients as soon as they enter the building
- Ensures smooth flow of all hospital and boarding appointments
- Make sure all information, including referral source and email address is entered properly into computer
- Responsible for insuring that the cash drawer is properly filled and all monies are accounted for
- Pull charts for the day’s appointments
- Take orders for pet food as necessary
- Responds to clients questions quickly, courteously, and accurately.
- Invoicing of patients for examinations, surgeries, and medications
- Knowledgeable of flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives
- Has basic understanding of vaccination and neutering benefits
If interested please forward your resume with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*We are a Drug-Free Work Place and as such, any job offer is contingent on results from a Background Check and Drug Screening Test on the applicant.